KSU boasts two compact, walkable campuses with access to an extensive county-wide trail network, an on-campus and off-campus bike share program, and on-campus amentities such as a bike shop, showers, fix-it stations, and numerous bike racks.
Browse this page for maps, resources, and other ideas to get you rolling to campus!
Campus Bike Amenities
KSU offers a range of on-campus bike amenities to support those who bike to campus, those who bike recreationally or for sport, and those who are new to riding or who need a refresher.
On campus amenities include (map - link here):
- A bike shop in the Siegel Student Recreation Activities Center (Kennesaw) and the Recreation and Wellness Center (Marietta) offering long-term bike rentals, tune-ups, classes, and more.
- Showers in the Social Sciences building (3rd floor), Prillaman Hall (1st floor), the Engineering Technology Center (3rd floor), the Student Recreation and Activities Center (members only), and the Recreation and Wellness Center (members only).
- Bike fix-it stations.
- Plentiful bike racks across both campuses.
- Bike sharing.
In addition to saving money, bike commuters often report that they feel healthier and enjoy their commute more when they are able to commute by bike. KSU has many on-campus bike amenities to support commuters (see "Campus Bike Amenities" - above). Use the below tips to explore bike commuting:
- Georgia Bikes publishes an annual Bicyclist Pocket Guide to promote bike safety.
- Cobb LINC and Big Owl Buses provide bike racks on the front of all buses, making it convenient to bike between end destinations.
- KSU's Bike Shop, the Atlanta Bicycling Coalition, REI, and other groups routinely offer bike safety training.
- Georgia Commute Options will pay you to swtich to biking, carpooling, or taking transit and will provide you with a garaunteed ride home for unexpected emergencies.
Maps and Route Planning Tools
Cobb County boasts over 400 miles of paved trails, in addition to bike lanes and mountain biking trails. Use the below maps and other tools to plan your route:
Bike Friendly University: Bronze